First things, first. Congratulations on your new house! Here is a list of the first things you should do when you move into a new house:
1) Change the locks on all doors and windows;
2) Check all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace batteries if necessary;
3) Clean all air ducts and vents;
4) Check the roof for any signs of damage;
5) Inspect the appliances and electrical wiring;
6) Go through the home and identify any areas that need repairs or upgrades;
7) Have your water tested for quality;
8) Make sure all windows and doors are properly sealed and weatherproof; and
9) Create a home maintenance schedule and budget.
Best of luck in your new home!